How many people out there want to make a change to their lives, but are not sure how to?
The problem is we all get stuck in a rut and sometimes just don’t know how to get out of it. No matter how you feel, it is always possible to make changes and you are the person that has to make those changes.
When you’ve decided that you want to make a change, you then have to decide what in your life you want to change, and then how you are going to make that change. Making these decisions can add great value to your life, but sometimes you need someone to help guide you on your way.
It doesn’t matter what you are doing, there will always be someone out there who has done it already, and these people are great to learn from. If you look for a mentor, it is always good to find someone that is doing what you want to do so you can learn how and why they do certain things.
You might think you don’t need a mentor, but here are eight reasons why you should have one.
- Mentors provide information and knowledge.
- They see where we need to improve often where we cannot.
- They find ways to stimulate our personal and professional growth.
- Mentors offer encouragement and help keep us going.
- Mentors are disciplinarians that create necessary boundaries that we sometimes cannot set for ourselves.
- Mentors are sounding boards, so we can bounce ideas off them for an unfiltered opinion.
- Mentors are trusted advisors and connectors.
- And finally, they have the experience you can learn from to prevent making the same beginner’s mistakes.
This means they can coach and prepare you for change, motivate you, fine tuning and transforming your vision, giving you ideas, thoughts, and insights. Mentors challenge you by pushing you to go farther, not letting you rest on your laurels and keeping you engaged, going further than you can ever imagine. They also protect you from missteps, nurturing their mentees and providing advice and counsel. A mentor’s advice can be a share of life lessons.
I’ve worked with many mentors over the years who have helped me in my learning and business journeys. Whether it’s mediation, photography, wealth, growth, or property investment, I have found people who are already doing these things and who can bring guidance and assistance to me.
You might wonder why you need a mentor to help you with your journey, but you would be amazed at that successful people who have mentors.
- Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of Facebook was mentored by Steve jobs.
- Bill Gates, the creator of Microsoft was mentored by investor Warren Buffett,
- Audrey Hepburn, mentored Elizabeth Taylor.
- Sir Freddie Laker mentored Richard Branson.
So, there must be something in it, if these successful people had mentors. With a mentor to help you, you’ll be amazed at what you’re capable of achieving and the change that you are able to make in your life.
Do you think you could benefit from a mentor?
If you would like to hear more, please follow and subscribe to my social media channels.